Monday, March 17, 2014

Meet the Crew: Corey Hurley

May I introduce everyone to the wonderful Mr. Corey Hurley. Corey can't be labeled with one position. Since the kick-off show he has been all over the place being helpful and devoting his time and heart to The Main Street Cafe. Whether he is behind the bar serving customers, dancing with Sissy or on stage hyping up the crowd, Corey's charisma is infectious.

[caption id="attachment_172" align="aligncenter" width="645"]Corey Hurley, bartender and host at The Main Street Cafe. Corey Hurley, bartender and event host at The Main Street Cafe.[/caption]

What is your name and position at The Main Street Cafe?

I’m a little bit of everything. We’ll just go with house host and promoter.

Why did you get involved with The Main Street Cafe?

Well, because I love the fact that they were opening up a venue where we could actually come in and enjoy the music. First off, we live in Clarksburg and there’s nothing here and music is my life and it’s a nice place to come hang out and have fun and chill with your friends.

Favorite musician/band?

I like many, many, many styles of music and many artists. If I had to pick one I’d have to go with Queen. Freddie Mercury is my hero.

Favorite movie?

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Favorite drink?

I’d have to say a margarita. Anything with tequila in it.

What are you most excited about with The Main Street Cafe?

Eventually I’m excited about putting on theatrical shows, eventually. But I like the fact that I’m being introduced to bands I’v never heard. Like The Renfields, I’ve never heard of them until the kick-off show and I’m in love with them now.

(note: Corey is hoping to eventually put on a live production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show)

What has been your favorite memory of the cafe so far?

The kick-off show.

What is your dream for the cafe? 

I would like to see us get huge and be able to bring some big name bands in and have, like, a nice little concert. Anyone between Mayday Parade to, like, Of Mice & Men coming in and performing. That would be pretty kick ass.

You’re stranded on a deserted island. What are your three essentials?

My e-cig, my iPod and a book.

Which book?

Actually I would go with the one I’m reading right now because it’s pretty fantastic, Unhinged. It’s kind of a spin-off of Alice in Wonderland, but it's about somebody who further down the line is related to Alice and goes through the same stuff.

Leave everyone with your best bit of life advice.

Just stay positive and never give up on your dreams. Like, it takes forever, believe me, forever, but it happens.

Anything else the world should know about Corey Hurley?

That I’m freaking fantastic.

That you are Corey. That you are.

2 comments:

  1. My friends and I at work were just saying yesterday how crazy it is that there is no yearly performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! I think that what you guys are doing is great, and dreamed of doing it myself for years around here. I would love to see some live theatre happening, and think that there are various ways you could get the community involved with it. My fingers are crossed for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete