Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meet the Artist: Justin Lee Williams

Justin Lee Williams, also known as J.L.W., is a native of Clarksburg. He is an artist emphasizing in painting acrylic on canvas. If you have ever been to The Main Street Cafe you have probably seen the art that lines the walls of the cafe. Most of those pieces are works of J.L.W.

This Saturday, April 5th, there will be an art show and sale. This evening of fine art is free to attend.

Check out a Q&A with J.L.W. below.

 

[caption id="attachment_257" align="aligncenter" width="577"]Photo from J.L.W.'s Facebook page. Photo from J.L.W.'s Facebook page.[/caption]

When did you start making art?

I started drawing as a kid but didn't really get in to it until I was about 15. At 15 I started painting so I have been doing that on and off for almost 17 years.

What style of art/painting draws you in most and why?

I paint acrylic on canvas. All different styles from realism to abstract.

Do you have a favorite piece that you’ve done?

My favorite piece is usually the most recent piece because I'm not sick of it yet and haven't had as long to pick it apart.

Tell me a little bit about this show on Saturday, how many pieces will you have, what can we expect?

The show is my first big solo show.

Will all the pieces on display be for sale?

Everything is for sale. I just want people to come and enjoy themselves. I want them to see what I have worked so hard on, and maybe bring a smile to some faces. If people buy that is surely a bonus.

Where do you draw inspiration from in your art?

Inspiration is drawn from everything in life. I appreciate art in all forms and take advantage of times to see others work. I draw inspiration from those artist today and the greats from the past.

What do you want people to know about you as a person and artist?

I guess I want people to know that I'm a regular guy with big dreams. I want to inspire people to follow their dreams. I'm very passionate about what i do and hopefully that shows in me and through my art.

Anything else you’d like to say?

Just one more thing I would like to say is that let's try to keep art alive because I feel it can play a huge role in the growth of an individual.

Come out Saturday and support J.L.W, as well as the local arts community.

No comments:

Post a Comment